Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Two biggest reasons why I haven't been blogging!

So, I've been a bad blogger!! I can't believe how much time has past since my last post!! Oops!
I think I have two good excuses though:)
The first one would be that I got pregnant! As of today, I am 38 1/2 weeks. The first 6 months I struggled with nauseousness, and that was tough! It's amazing how fast the time goes though, and how you push through! I couldn't just lay around and do nothing, cause I had Hannah and Lillian to take care of! It will be interesting to see how the change is between 2 kids and 3!
The second reason I haven't had much time to blog would be because this year, we decided that we would home school Hannah for kindergarten! It was a big decision that we went back and forth on, but I am glad for the decision we made. It's been an interesting journey! Some days do go better than others:) She is actually doing a public school online using k-12 curriculum. She has a teacher we can go to when we have questions, and who checks in with us once a month. There are also optional monthly outings that we have been able to go to as well. We got to tour the MN state capital building, visit a volunteer fire station, and we got a tour of an Outback steak house and eat lunch there!! The curriculum was free, which was a bonus, and the online set up they have worked great! There are goals to work towards each quarter, which helped me a lot! She has met all her minimums as of now to move on to next year, so when the baby comes we will be set!
As far as pregnancies go, this one I have been the busiest by far!! I was also able to exercise for the majority of it, which was the first time that's happened! I figure since the baby is so close to coming, I should post something, and then be ready to post pics of the newest addition to our family whenever the baby decides to arrive:)


Hannah on her first day of kindergarten.

3 comments:

kinneyland said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are happy with your homeschooling decision. What a big decision, I'm not looking forward to that time! Are you planning to continue homeschooling for Gr. 1? (I mean, first grade)

Lisa said...

Yay! I'm glad you posted Cara! I can't wait to see pictures of your little munchkin! I'm going to call you tomorrow...just warnin' you!
;-)

Cara said...

We are leaning towards doing the public home school again. I think I'm just waiting to make the final decision till after the baby comes. To see what life will be like with three!!