Monday, February 16, 2009

A Feat for Me

So, maybe this is an easy thing for people to do, but for me, not so much! I ended up going about 4 1/2 weeks without cooking the same meal twice! Usually I am cheering if I do it for two weeks in a row. Now granted I do not cook 7 days a week, but it usually is at least 6 dinners a week. I'm not sure what prompted me to try this. Maybe it was me feeling like we were just eating the same things over and over, or maybe I needed a challenge. Whatever the cause, it was kind of nice. We had our regular meals, but also tried a couple of new recipes, and we had meals we hadn't had for awhile. I finally stopped though, cause there was something I really wanted to have for dinner again. I think I could have went a little bit longer, which is encouraging. I'm not sure if I will do this again, but hopefully it helped to get us out of a bit of rut. And now when I cook some of our regular dishes, I'm not feeling like we just had them!

3 comments:

rustyspark said...

Just for the record - I loved every meal, the regulars and the new ones. It was really funny though. Usually I can tell what Cara is making when I walk in the door because of the good smell. She really had me guessing though, and I was surprised when i would turn the corner to see what was in the oven... And yes Cara does have dinner on the table every day when I come home from work... and yes I know I am lucky...and yes I have a great wife!
Bill

Andrea said...

I want to know which dinner you wanted to have again...we need to have a recipe swap, i'm in a rut!

Cara said...

The dinner I wanted twice was cuidighi's, which is a kind of meat from upper Michigan. You cook it like a hamburger, but put it on a bun with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese! I don't get it that often anymore, and had bought some at Christmas to take home and freeze.
A recipe swap sounds good to me!