Friday, February 13, 2009

What did I learn/think of the marriage conference?

This post is to answer a friend who left a comment on my previous post, so I just thought I would make a new post out of it!
I really enjoyed going to this marriage conference! I would recommend to any one who is married to go to a marriage conference at least once in your lifetime! It's such a nice time to get away from it all and spend quality and quantity time together! This weekend made me think we need to do this more often! We do get away for our anniversary, and maybe a couple other nights out of the year, which we are thankful for! But, I think we need to do it a little more often than we do!
The speaker was Timothy Lane from CCEF in Philadelphia I believe. And the theme of the conference was, Marriage: A mess worth making. He talked about having good communication, having good conflict, and practicing forgiveness!
I think the biggest thing I took away, was that when conflict and problems comes, I need to check myself out first, and see what I am contributing to the problem. And how I need to choose words carefully cause they can either build up, or tear down. And then lastly would be that conflict can be good! If you have conflict, and you make it through, it will bring deeper intimacy into your marriage. It was all stuff that applies to marriage, but it was also nice because all these things can apply to all your relationships in life too!
That's all for now!

No comments: