Monday, March 9, 2009

Dorothy Day

This past Saturday, with our five oaks small group, Bill and I were able to help out at the Dorothy Day center in St. Paul MN. This is the first time that I have ever done this! It was a neat experience. We had to help make the meal, and then serve the meal to homeless people. I got to help with the baking, which was a lot of fun! We made chocolate chip cookies and biscuits. The mixer was huge!!! I don't even think it would have fit in my kitchen! And, the quantity we made was crazy! Just to make the cookies we used 25lbs of flour, 9 lbs of chocolate chips, and 12 cups of butter, plus a 3lbs can of shortening butter! We also made about 770 biscuits! Thanks to Pam and Steph for babysitting! And, if you are interested, Jeremy made a cool slide show video of pictures. Click on the link if you would like to take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_e8iDRRc0&feature=channel_page

No comments: