Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Hair cut story

My sister in law Kari graciously has me on her voucher list, so I can go to her really nice salon and get my hair cut for only $4! It's been great! For the first time I have actually kept my hair cuts up on a regular, every three month basis! We are excited, because she is expecting a baby this month! She wanted me to schedule a hair cut towards the end of February because it could be awhile before I can get in again, since she will be taking time off after the baby is born. I scheduled my appointment a couple weeks before hand and was all set!
But then came that dreaded snow storm! The one last Thursday that dumped about 6 inches on us in about 6 hours! You would think that this would deter me from going out, but I was very determined to get this hair cut in! The appointment was at 6:15 in the evening. At 2 p.m. I packed the girls up, along with winter clothes, spare clothes and PJ's! And the dinner that I was going to cook at my brothers house. It was just an adventure to get into the van! And yet, I still kept going! Just to get up highway 52 which takes usually about 5 minutes, took 40 minutes! I was stuck in this one spot and saw that the exit ramp was just not moving! So I quickly decided to take a road that I did not know where it went, but luckily I found an exit to the road I needed, and bypassed a lot of traffic!
Finally, 2 hours and 20 minutes later I arrived at my brother's house. It usually only takes about 35 minutes! I made dinner, left and got my haircut, and then we headed home! It was still snowing! And, it took about an hour to get home, but that was not nearly as bad as the way there. For whatever reason, the Lord was gracious! In the future, I may just cancel my appointment! I am very glad to have gotten my haircut though!



1 comment:

kinneyland said...

A $4 hair cut!
I would go through all that trouble for it too.
I like it, simple yet with a bit of fancy.