Friday, August 8, 2008

My avacado story

One time this past year at small group, I tasted some guacamole for the first time. I didn't think it was that bad, so I asked how the person made it. Then it clicked that guacamole was made from avocado. So I thought to myself, "I should try and make some sometime."

Lo and behold, since I had never bought an avocado before, I had no idea where they would be in the produce section. I went many weeks without every buying one, cause I had never scene them in the store. Then one day I was looking at the garlic, and I saw a guacamole mix, so I was like, "avocado's must be near!" And, lo and behold, they were right by the garlic and tomato's. So I bought one with no idea how I was going to make it, but I did know that I wanted to make it when we had taco's.

So... I looked on line and saw some recipes, and got and idea, but I kind of just threw some stuff in there. It ended up being salt, pepper, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil mixed together and refrigerated for a bit. I wasn't sure how it would taste, or how the rest of the family would like it, but it turned out very yummy! And the most surprising thing is that Bill and Lillian fight over who is going to eat more! I am pleasantly surprised that Bill liked it, but even more pleasantly surprised and a little shocked that Lillian just loved it! And that's my avocado story:)

No comments: